Assist President and Office Manager in providing smooth and efficient office administrative duties for Botanicus, Carefree Green.com, and PruneThis.com. Help and coordinate marketing efforts of our company. Coordinate marketing efforts and follow up with direct mail, email, newsletters, social media and other methods. Track marketing and advertizing to determine effectiveness and results. Assist in scheduling and presenting Green Plants for Green Buildings.org “Authentically Green Interiors” CEU presentations to AIA, USGBC, ASID, and BOMI. Assist in lead generation with contact management software and other methods.
- Promote and encourage prospective and existing customers to purchase products and services appropriate for their needs, design attractive plant and flower installations that can be maintained and guaranteed within company standards, expand brand awareness and increase competitive position, obtain orders to achieve sales goals at or above established gross profit.
- Follow and recommend sales process and activities for most effective reach and results, including tracking and review of customer and prospect database (CRM), such as periodic follow up on leads and outstanding proposals.
- Identify prospective customers by using business directories, following leads from existing clients, participating in organizations and clubs, and attending trade shows and conferences.
- Contact new and existing customers to discuss their needs, to explain how these needs could be met by specific products and services, demonstrate products, explain product features, and solicit orders. Provide customers with product samples and catalogs.
- Select and recommend the correct products or assist customers in making product selections, based on customers’ needs, product specifications, and applicable regulations. Answer customers’ questions about products, prices, availability, product uses, or credit terms.
- Prepare design, estimate and quote prices, credit terms, credit or contract terms, warranties, and delivery dates, and other specifications. Finalize prices with manager. Determine what marketing materials to include and compile proposal package and deliver to client.
- Negotiate prices or terms of sales or service agreements to obtain customer approval.
- Consult with clients after sales or contract signings to resolve problems and to provide ongoing support. Coordinate with operations for seamless delivery. Prepare sales contracts for orders obtained, and submit orders for processing.
- Collaborate with colleagues to exchange information, such as selling strategies or marketing information. Monitor market conditions, product innovations, and competitors’ products, prices, and sales.
- Perform administrative duties, such as preparing sales budgets and reports, keeping sales records, and filing expense account reports.
Hours & Benefits
Benefits currently include sharing the cost of single health insurance, and group life and long-term disability insurance (if eligible), all based on average hours. Botanicus currently offers a simple IRA with some level of employer matching.
Positions starting at $18.00 / Hour
- Friendly and service oriented
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Desire to learn
- Maturity in manner and work habits
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft word, excel, PowerPoint. Skills in digital photography, Photoshop, publisher and web updating a plus
- Pleasant phone voice and manner
- Ability to plan, organize and follow through
- Basic background check and drug testing